Monday, December 27, 2010
The History of Witchcraft Persecutions;
Witchcraft persecutions before the ones in Salem, Massachusetts:
1. The Bible had condemn witches.
In the Circa of 420 B.C.:
2. St. Augustine argues that witchcraft is an impossibility.
In the Circa of 1208 B.C.:
3. Satan becomes a sinister following the Pope Innocent III's attack on Cathar heretics.
In the Circa of 1273:
4. Thomas Aquinas argues that demons exist and that they try to lead people into temptation.
In the Mid 1400s:
5. Witchcraft Erupted in Europe.